WACKA-WACKA-WACKA! – The Ultimate Team Building Challenge – Game of the Week
Wacka-Wacka-Wacka is one of my absolute favorite team building challenges for students of all ages. It’s the perfect combination of cooperation, communication, patience, and fitness.
- Create groups of 4 students
- Place stacks of six hula hoops around the perimeter of the gym (one stack per group)
- Spread out a bunch of cones throughout the space
How to play:
- Groups cooperatively work to build a sphere (pac man) with the six hula hoops
- Once a sphere is built, they lift it up and attempt to transport it to a cone (ghost)
- Groups slowly lower pac man onto a cone
- If successful and the sphere remains intact, one person in the group chooses an exercise. Each group member completes five repetitions of the chosen exercise.
- After five repetitions are completed, the students earn the ghost.
- Once again they lift up pac man, and transport it to another ghost. Groups must figure out how to transport pac man while holding onto each ghost they earned.
- If a sphere falls apart, it must be rebuilt immediately
- How many ghosts can pac man consume throughout the round?
I have also placed exercises written on paper under each of the cones. This ensures students are working on a variety of movements.
If you enjoyed this post, consider following my blog to receive future posts.
Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/justybubpe.
Check out my Facebook group called Keeping Kids in Motion!