3-Ingredient Healthy Snacks – If I can make them, so can you!
Whether you’re at work, school or home, we all need a healthy boost during the day. Here are a few easy-to-make, thrifty and super healthy options to grab and go!
3-Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Cookies
Optional: nuts, seeds or coconut flakes for added protein
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, add oats to the mashed bananas. Mix well. Add chocolate chips, cranberries or a healthy ingredient of your choice.
- Drop by teaspoonful on the prepared baking sheet. Space them approximately 2 inches apart. Press each cookie down with the back of a spoon and flatten.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Cool prior to eating. Store cookies in the fridge.
3-Ingredient Power Balls
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup nut or seed butter of your choice: *Peanut/Almond Butter/Sunbutter or try the new hazelnut butter at Costco
- 3 Tbs Cocoa
We prefer peanut butter with NO added ingredients. Costco’s Kirkland brand is made with only peanuts and sea salt. Smucker’s Natural Peanut Butter is another option made with peanuts and a dash of salt.
In a food processor, blend dates first, add nut butter and cocoa. Hold onto your food processor, it may shake a bit. (Optional: We soak our dates in water for 30 minutes to soften. This makes it easier to blend them in the processor).
When well-blended, use a teaspoon and form into balls, roll in cocoa (optional), refrigerate, and enjoy!
As always, please comment on this post and share your favorite healthy snack.