That FLIPPING CONE CHALLENGE!
That Flipping Cone Challenge can be used as an instant activity, a station, or even played by students who are on the sideline due to injury.
********I actually call it the CONE FLIP SHOWDOWN!*********
The setup is simple:
- Place half the number of large cones as there are students around the gym.
- Students each get a medium size cone,
- Two students go to each large cone.
- When the music begins, each student tries to be the first to flip the medium cone onto a large cone. The first to do it wins the round.
- After each round, students shake hands.
- The winner celebrates with 5 jumping jacks.
- Each player finds a different classmate to challenge.
I usually play this game with fourth grade and up as an instant activity lasting 5-7 minutes. As the students are playing I always circulate around the gym seeking examples of good sportsmanship. Remember, after each round students shake hands or give knuckles to show appreciation for each other.
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for over 100 useful games for physical education!